3 Ways to Make Giving Away Free Content Work for You blogs can be a great way to highlight your experience, your wisdom, your expertise and to share you who you are and what you offer. You can take your readers on a journey that builds a relationship with them as they get to know you. But the idea of having a blog can be overwhelming. Here are the 6 things that help me run the AMI blog.s we talked about in the post,
- Be realistic – You can only do what you have time to do. And although these tips will make blogging easier you still must have time to do it. The AMI blog runs five days a week. And that is a lot. I am only able to do that because I follow these tips to make it work. Do what you can do and do it well.
- Keep a calendar – By planning out your blog post topics and keeping a calendar, you will cut down on the amount of time you have to spend each week deciding what you are going to write about. If you change your mind on time just move the topic you had planned to another time.
- Find reliable contributors – If you are going to have guest bloggers on your site find people that you know and trust. You don’t want to have to be constantly asking for posts and feeling like you are harassing people.
- Know your audience – This seems like a no brainer but it is one that gets often overlooked. You need to make sure you know who your audience is. This will help you know the kinds of posts you should write, the length of the posts, the frequency of the posts. And this will also help you not only guide your guest bloggers but attract people that want to be guest bloggers.
- Find a reliable partner that make posting easy – One of the best things you can do to make having a blog easy is to have a reliable partner to manage your website. My partner, Cosmital Designs, handles all my blog posts. They schedule them, help me choose images, include tags to make them easy for people to find, and make adjustments when I need them.
- Use automation tools – There are lots of tools out there that can help you automate the promotion of your blog by sending emails and posting on social media. These can save you a lot of time and allow you to take care of the blog when you have time, not on a schedule.
By: Amy Matthews, CEO, AMI LC