et’s continue with our Friday’s Focus Word and discuss another big one for me. Believe. I feel that this word is one that entrepreneurs so often overlook. We question and doubt ourselves time and time again. But that doubt is very misplaced.
Merriam-Webster defines believe in several ways.
- 1. To consider to be true or honest
- 2. To accept the word or evidence of
- 3. To hold as an opinion
- 4. To accept something as true, genuine, or real
As an entrepreneur one of the most important things you can do is believe. Believe in yourself, your dreams, and your goals. You must accept that all of those things are true.
Just as with focus and courage success is near impossible without belief. Time and again I see entrepreneurs question their instincts. Second guess the path they have mapped out for themselves or abandoned a plan, product, or campaign without really giving it a chance to succeed. So, I challenge all of us to push through those doubts and believe more is possible. And that we are on the right track.
So here are the tips on believing that I will be working on in the coming weeks.
- Pushing back the doubt – This is the same as with courage. Once you set your path and your goals believe you are right and trust you WILL make it happen.
- Make a plan – I am going to map out my plans. Making sure I have a clear path to achieve my goals.
- Stick to the plan – Just making a plan isn’t enough. You must stick with it. I am going to work at not letting things sidetrack me. This includes carving out non-negotiable time to work on my business.
Again, this is the part where you the reader come in. Please take a moment to answer these questions in the comments below or on our FB page. Let’s start a real dialog on these words and how they impact us and how we want them to impact us.
- What does believe mean to you?
- How do you commit to believing in yourself?