Merriam-Webster defines courage as the mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.
Okay so I am going to say right here what I believe to be true;
ENTREPRENEUR = COURAGE
You can not be successful at the first without the second. Over and over again, as an entrepreneur you must venture into the unknown. You must persevere through those times when things are lean, and everyone thinks you are nuts. You must withstand the danger and fear of failure. And you must push through the difficulty.
So here are the tips on having courage that I will be working on in the coming weeks.
- Pushing back the doubt – When I feel uncertain about if I can pull something off I am going to double down and just figure it out. Yes, I can instead of I’m not sure!
- Surround myself with the right support – I am going to make sure that I have the right people in my corner cheering me on. For me this is the amazing group of women I have met networking.
- Believe – If my gut tells me something is the right thing to do I am going to believe in that and that I will have available to me what I need.
- Get help – Knowing that I can’t do it all myself is a big part of accomplishing things. I need to admit when I need help and then find it.
Okay so now for the part where you the reader come in. Please take a moment to answer these questions in the comments below or on our FB page. Let’s start a real dialog on these words and how they impact us and how we want them to impact us.
- What does courage mean to you?
- How do you stand tall and have the courage to do?
By: Amy Matthews, CEO, AMI LC