Merriam-Webster defines risky as something that has the possibility of loss.
But we have all heard the adage from Thomas Jefferson “With great risk comes great reward.” I am working to live that every day to change the way I think about risk.
So here are the tips on when it comes to risky goals that I will be working on in the coming weeks.
- Embrace Risk – This one isn’t easy for me, but it is imperative to my business that I do it. We must not run from things that are risky but embrace them and go with it.
- Believe – I know this was a Friday’s Focus word and it comes in really handy when talking about risk. You must believe that you can work through the risk to achieve the great rewards.
- Courage – Another Friday’s Focus word but one that is really important when undertaking risky goals. You have to know that you have the courage to do it.
Again, this is the part where you the reader come in. Please take a moment to answer these questions in the comments below or on our FB page. Let’s start a real dialog on these words and how they impact us and how we want them to impact us.
- Are your goals risky enough?
- How do you commit to being risky so you can achieve great rewards?
By: Amy Matthews, CEO, AMI LC