o far you have worked on your positive proclamations, goal setting, and The POWER of gratitude. How is it going? Are you saying your positive proclamations daily? Did get your goals written down so that you can track them? Have you been bringing the POWER of gratitude into your life every day? Remember these things are a process. Take your time and they will all become second nature to you.
Now that you have this powerful foundation it is time for us to take the next step. We are going to work on your Vision Board today! Okay so now some of you may think this sounds hooky but bear with me. What we put out there comes back to us. We’ve been talking a lot about that. Well with a Vision Board you create a visual representation of what you want. According to the popular book The Secret, “The law of attraction is forming your entire life experience and it is doing that through your thoughts. When you are visualizing, you are emitting a powerful frequency out into the Universe.” So, by visualizing something you are truly exercising your mind.
When you create a Vision Board it will be something you can look at each and every day to help you stay focused on your goals. This tool will help you clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on your goals for your life and business. Any sort of board that you display images and words that represent what you want to be, accomplish or want to have in your life is a Vision Board. So, let’s get started.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Poster board, cork board, or foam board (which is I love to use, it is sturdier than any of the others).
- Scissors, tape, glue stick, push pins, etc.
- Markers, pens, fun stickers, ribbon, colored paper, wrapping paper, whatever you want to decorate your board.
- Pictures of yourself and your family.
- Magazines, and computer / printer for digital stuff.
- Time – set aside some time to get crafty and have fun.
Gather Your Thoughts:
- Review your positive proclamations.
- Review your goals.
- Think of things you want to look at every day that will inspire you.
- Choose the things that make the cut to go on your board.
- Cut out, print, write, or draw things that inspire you and represent your positive proclamations and goals.
- Decorate your board and make it something that will bring you joy.
- Arrange things in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to you.
- Once you are happy with the arrangement tape, glue or pin things down.
Find the Perfect Spot:
- Find a place that you will see your board every day like your bathroom or your office.
- Enjoy the inspiration it will provide you.
One thing I would warn you about. The things you put on your board need to be specific. If you want a new car, the kind of car you want needs to be the color and model you want as well. You will attract what you put out there.
You can make this process a private affair or a social occasion. If can fun way to encourage others to take this journey with you. Invite some friends over and make it a party. Vision Board parties can also give you more ideas on how to decorate your board and create different visions of your own. THINK BIG!!
Remember what you send out you get back 10-fold. Like we talked about in your I Am statements, your mind starts to think in a different way and starts to believe in them before they happen. Your Vision Board should focus on how you want to feel not just on things that you WANT! The more your board focuses on how you feel the more it will come to life.
There is one rule when it comes to creating a Vision Board that works, and it is that there aren’t any rules. You should use whatever motivates and inspires you. Fill it with positive words and images that will inspire and focus you. Make your board as elaborate or simple as you want. As you reach your goals you will change out the pictures. So, update your board whenever you need new inspiration or you are tackling a new set of goals. Add to it as needed and take off what you don’t want. Think of your Vision Board as a “living” thing. I suggest that you update it at least twice a year. Goals and dreams change as the days and months go by.
Enjoy your new Vision Board and let’s get those dreams and visions from your board into reality.
By: Tina Torres, CEO, The Gratitude Specialist